At the indicated time, our bus will pick you up at your hotel in Roquetas de Mar. We'll drive inland the province of Almería towards the Tabernas Desert, a unique landscape, which because of its resemblance to the American Wild West was chosen by western film directors to shoot their films. With the help of your accompanying guide, who will give you a lot of information about the famous movies that were filmed there and the myriad landscapes that surround us, we will imaginary travel to the Arizona, Nevada or Utah of a few centuries ago.
Leaving behind the Tabernas Desert, suddenly we will be surrounded by olive groves, the gold of the desert. You will hear interesting stories about the beginnings of olive cultivation in the desert, the success it had, as well as details on producing the oil. We'll travel along Sorbas, a small white town hanging on the walls of a ravine (landscape that reminds us of Ronda or Cuenca), we head to Mojacar while listening to the story of the symbol of AlmerIa, the Indalo.
Once in Mojacar, we'll make a guided walking tour through the old town, understating why it belongs to the select club of the "most beautiful towns in Spain". After visiting Mojacar, you will enjoy free time to explore the white narrow winding alleys of Mojacar at your leisure, buy some souvenirs and have lunch on one of the panoramic terraces in Mojacar.
In the afternoon, at the indicated time, our bus will wait for you to take you back to your hotel. Pleasant bus trip with air conditioning and background music to recall your experience in Mojacar. The return trip will be made along an impressive coastal road to enjoy the magnificent coastal landscapes of northern Cabo de Gata and Carboneras. Arrival at the hotel and end of services.
During the entire excursion to Mojacar you will have at your disposal a vehicle with an experienced driver (bus or minibus, depending on the number of participants) that complies with all sanitary safety measures, making the desired stops both to enjoy the coastal landscapes, as well as to rest and have a drink. And of course, you will always be accompanied by a tour guide who is highly knowledgeable about the natural, cultural and historical heritage of Almeria, who will give you lots of information about the places to be visited, as well as recommending the best restaurants to enjoy the famous Andalusian gastronomy.
The excursion to Mojacar departs from Almerimar, Roquetas de Mar, Aguadulce, Almeria and Retamar (El Toyo tourist area). Check with our travel agency to confirm the place and time of departure.
SECURITY AND PROTECTION MEASURES COVID-19
Following the recommendations of the health authorities on liability on the move, at Pepe Tours we have adopted a series of preventive measures to guarantee the safety of both travelers and our staff (drivers and tour guides):
- Use of a face mask is mandatory during excursions (in compliance with Order TMA / 384/2020, of May 3rd, from the Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda). Participants must bring their own mask to the excursion.
- On board we will have free hygiene and protection material for travelers (hydro-alcoholic gel, disinfecting wipes, protective gloves, hand soap and water).
- The entry and descent of travelers will be done under the supervision of our staff to ensure compliance with social distancing measures.
- To guarantee the safety of our staff, travelers must individually load their luggage (baby carriages, walkers, suitcases and other belongings).
- We thoroughly clean our vehicles with disinfecting agents every day.
- Continuous cleaning will be carried out by our staff during the excursions, taking advantage of each tourist stop (interior ventilation of the vehicle, cleaning of the contact surfaces: dashboard, armrests, glass, door knobs and handrails).
- The vehicle's cabin filters are periodically replaced to ensure high-quality breathable air.
- A record will be kept of each cleaning and disinfection, with date and time of the work carried out.