At the indicated time, our bus will pick you up at your hotel in Roquetas de Mar. Departure towards the Cabo de Gata Natural Park to discover its most beautiful sites. Our first stop will be at the Lighthouse of Cabo de Gata. From the Viewing point of the Mermaids Reef we will have a splendid view over the Mediterranean. Your tour guide will give you information about nature, the volcanic origin of Cabo de Gata, notes on relevant historical events and also, legends about the origins of the name of Cabo de Gata.
We will travel by bus throughout the whole natural park, visiting the Salt Lakes of Cabo de Gata, dating from Roman times, nowadays transformed into a wetland where seabirds nest, among others the pink flamingo, we will visit the fishing villages of La Isleta del Moro and San Jose, we will discover some nature wonders at the fossil dunes of Los Escullos, we will hear stories of pirates and outlaws, and always surrounded by virgin nature, in its purest form. During the excursion we will make endless stops to enjoy the beautiful viewpoints and photograph the dreamy coastal landscapes.
In the afternoon we will enjoy some free time for lunch, our guide will recommend some places to taste the local gastronomy and then there will be time to enjoy the fine sandy beaches of Cabo de Gata and its crystal-clear waters. So, don't forget your swimsuit, towels and goggles! As an optional activity, there is the possibility of completing your experience with a boat trip through the coves of Cabo de Gata or taking a kayak excursion with a transparent bottom and enjoying underwater life. You can reserve these optional activities during the booking process or even with your accompanying guide during the excursion if there are any vacancies.
In the afternoon, at the indicated time, our bus will wait for you to take you back to your hotel. Pleasant trip by air-conditioned bus with background music to recall your experience in Cabo de Gata. Arrival at the hotel and end of services.
During the entire excursion to Cabo de Gata you will have at your disposal a vehicle with an experienced driver (bus or minibus, depending on the number of participants) that complies with all sanitary safety measures, making the desired stops both to enjoy the coastal landscapes, but also to rest and have a drink. And of course, you will always be accompanied by a tour guide who is highly knowledgeable about the natural, cultural and historical heritage of Almeria, who will give you lots of information about the places to be visited, as well as recommending the best restaurants to enjoy the famous Andalusian gastronomy.
The excursion to Cabo de Gata departs from Almerimar, Roquetas de Mar, Aguadulce, Almeria and Retamar (El Toyo tourist area). Check with our travel agency to confirm the place and time of departure.
SECURITY AND PROTECTION MEASURES COVID-19
Following the recommendations of the health authorities on liability on the move, at Pepe Tours we have adopted a series of preventive measures to guarantee the safety of both travelers and our staff (drivers and tour guides):
- Use of a face mask is mandatory during excursions (in compliance with Order TMA / 384/2020, of May 3rd, from the Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda). Participants must bring their own mask to the excursion.
- On board we will have free hygiene and protection material for travelers (hydro-alcoholic gel, disinfecting wipes, protective gloves, hand soap and water).
- The entry and descent of travelers will be done under the supervision of our staff to ensure compliance with social distancing measures.
- To guarantee the safety of our staff, travelers must individually load their luggage (baby carriages, walkers, suitcases and other belongings).
- We thoroughly clean our vehicles with disinfecting agents every day.
- Continuous cleaning will be carried out by our staff during the excursions, taking advantage of each tourist stop (interior ventilation of the vehicle, cleaning of the contact surfaces: dashboard, armrests, glass, door knobs and handrails).
- The vehicle's cabin filters are periodically replaced to ensure high-quality breathable air.
- A record will be kept of each cleaning and disinfection, with date and time of the work carried out.