If you want to discover the highlights of the Province of Almeria without haste, setting your own pace, we recommend you take a look at our proposals for private excursions from Roquetas de Mar. All the suggested itineraries are customizable to your desire.Request a quote
If you do not want to take any of our regular excursions from Roquetas de Mar for whatever reason (fear of contagion with COVID-19, not having to depend on a pre-established route and schedule, wanting to travel freely, want to personalize your experience ...) At Pepe Tours we adapt to any request, designing tailor-made trips to offer you unforgettable experiences.
Our private activities and excursions from Roquetas de Mar will be carried out in a private vehicle with an experienced driver, who knows the routes well. In addition, you will be accompanied, if you wish, by professional tourism guides with extensive knowledge of the history, culture and nature of Almería.
If you prefer to travel on your own, discovering the surroundings and attractions at your leisure, we provide private transportation with a professional driver at your entire disposal. You just need to enjoy and have a good time, the rest will be taken care of by your private driver. You can suggest a specific route that you want to know, or let yourself be surprised by us.
Here are some ideas:
Private visit of Cabo de Gata
This excursion can be half day or full day, depending on your preferences. At the time indicated by you, our team will wait for you at the reception of your hotel to leave for the Cabo de Gata Natural Park. You will get to know the most beautiful places in the park, making the desired stops to photograph and delight in the unique landscape that will surround us. You will visit the Cabo de Gata Lighthouse and the Mermaids Reef, the salt flats, the fossil dunes of Los Escullos, La Isleta del Moro or the ruins of the old Rodalquilar gold mine. In summer it is essential to dive into the crystal clear waters of Cabo de Gata, so we will leave you time for the beach at one of the most charming beaches in the area.
Private visit of Almeria
Visiting Almeria, the capital of the province is another recommendation that we make to you. This half-day tour will begin with pickup from your hotel. Once we arrive in Almeria, we'll make a panoramic visit, to orient ourselves and get to know the places of interest in Almeria from the car. Then we will take you to the Alcazaba, an ancient Arab fortress that stands majestically in the highest part of the city. After visiting the Alcazaba of Almeria, we will continue with a walking tour of the historic center of Almeria, passing by the Cathedral Square, Tiendas Street, Purchena Gate and the Avenue Paseo de Almeria. At the agreed time, we will pick you up and head back to your hotel in Roquetas de Mar.
Private excursion to Mojacar
Another essential excursion during your holidays in Roquetas de Mar is to visit Mojacar, the most famous white town on the Costa de Almeria. Depart from your hotel and travel north to Mojacar. We will have the possibility to travel by motorway to Mojacar, the fastest route, if your desire is to spend more time exploring the town, or to travel through the Tabernas Desert and Sorbas, surrounded by film landscapes. Once we arrive in Mojacar, we will take a walk through the old town and then we recommend getting lost in its alleys and discover at your leisure the charm of this town with picturesque views of the Mediterranean. At the agreed time we start the trip back to Roquetas, this time taking a coastal road to discover the northern part of the Cabo de Gata Park. And as a finishing touch, we will make a last photographic stop at the viewpoint of Playa de los Muertos, probably the most famous beach in Cabo de Gata.
In our excursions agency Pepe Tours, you will find many more ideas for excursions and private visits in Roquetas de Mar and the province of Almeria.
SECURITY AND PROTECTION MEASURES COVID-19
Following the recommendations of the health authorities on liability on the move, at Pepe Tours we have adopted a series of preventive measures to guarantee the safety of both travelers and our staff (drivers and tour guides):
- Use of a face mask is mandatory during excursions (in compliance with Order TMA / 384/2020, of May 3rd, from the Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda). Participants must bring their own mask to the excursion.
- On board we will have free hygiene and protection material for travelers (hydro-alcoholic gel, disinfecting wipes, protective gloves, hand soap and water).
- The entry and descent of travelers will be done under the supervision of our staff to ensure compliance with social distancing measures.
- To guarantee the safety of our staff, travelers must individually load their luggage (baby carriages, walkers, suitcases and other belongings).
- We thoroughly clean our vehicles with disinfecting agents every day.
- Continuous cleaning will be carried out by our staff during the excursions, taking advantage of each tourist stop (interior ventilation of the vehicle, cleaning of the contact surfaces: dashboard, armrests, glass, door knobs and handrails).
- The vehicle's cabin filters are periodically replaced to ensure high-quality breathable air.
- A record will be kept of each cleaning and disinfection, with date and time of the work carried out.